Vintage Hoopla

Vintage Hoopla

Thursday, February 24, 2011

Before and After: $5 Desk

Sometimes you can have a bit of luck by being late to an estate sale.  Last summer I hit a sale on the last day, thinking all that would be left would be old food packages and bathroom supplies.  Lo and behold, I found this desk for the bargain price of $5!
They just wanted it gone.  Yay for me!  I knew I wanted to so something French-y with it, and I also wanted to try a gray color.  Gray has never been a favorite of mine, but in blogland I've been seeing some lovely things in gray, so I thought, why not?  I also knew I wanted the drawer fronts covered with French graphics, so where better to turn than the fabulous The Graphics Fairy?  I searched for "france labels" and had a very hard time choosing.
I also ended up reprinting my choices on an off-white paper--the gray I chose had some brown in it and the white was too stark.  The drawer at the top of this picture has the label applied on top of some script scrapbook paper.  I liked the mix of cream and gray.  And clear glass knobs kind of topped it all off.
I am taking some better pics and submitting them to The Graphics Fairy for her Brag Monday.  Have a great day!
Jeanne

No comments:

Post a Comment